Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Free Laptop

Anyone of you want to give their for free? I received forwarded email saying that there is a marketing company in Canada would give an Acer notebook for free. I think have received similar email not so long time ago. All you have to do is register with their web. It's a hoax. Who would want to give a mobile pc for free. Click here!
I bet that website would just want to collect emails so they can spam peoples' inbox with stupid advertisements.

Anyway, my dad is thinking of buying an entry level Acer notebook. I checked the price list at lowyat.net which is quoted at RM 2199 with a Linux OS.

I used to play around with Knoppix which is an OS runs from your CD-ROM drive. You would need at least 256Mbytes of random access memory. Once the OS is loaded, you could access all the partition of Windows's Hard Drive.In addition, you could even connect to the Internet or join the local area network. Cool eh. Go and download the *.iso disk image and burn it onto a cd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a'kum...

i'm also received forwarded email.But i just ignored that..thank you thank u.

Akashah said...

I hate forwarded emails.. I just delete them but some of them carries useful information...