Monday, September 18, 2006

Broadband BandWagon

Currently, I'm on 512kbps TMnet Streamyx which I pay for RM 66 per month which is quite reasonable compared to the TMnet 1515 dial-up service which can cost a bomb when you go online for 24 hours a day. Not to mention the 56kbps which is extremely slow.

TheStar online reported that Maxis which going to roll out High Speed Broadband for home over its 3G network. TMnet only offers maximun 1Mbps for Home user. I hope Maxis would offer a greater bandwidth than the current TMnet 1 Mbps at a reasoble price. I would be the one to be sign up. Hahaha maybe.

Maxis mentioned the Broadband service will be using HSDPA (High Speed Data Packet Access) technology. Hey, I used to research this topic before I move to Fast Handover for Mobile IP. HSDPA simulation could be simulated using ns-2 extension called EURANE. Back to the topic, So I bet we have to use a wireless Modem not like our TMnet Streamyx modem which connected to normal copper phone line. Cool!

More? Click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a'kum...

boleh masuk tuan rumah...tapi Ibnu tak paham apa2.Di luar bidang computer.hehehe..

Akashah said...

wslm,

di luar bidang komputer? hehe...tu reti gune computer tuk surf ok la tu...

dr gombak ye...