Thursday, December 07, 2006

Redo and make changes

The packet scheduler that coded by me is wrong. I have wrong idea of how the packet scheduler works. What I need to now is to refer to some reference to polish my understanding of a packet scheduler and basic network.

update on 08/12/2006:

I only have to change the a scheduler process code which only activate for a duration of time.The scheduler have an array list of which queue need to be serve. Every loop the scheduler will remove packet from a different packet. In short, it term of packet scheduler code not many changes I have to make. My code is not yet complicated. There is still room for improvement. However I still need worry about:-

1) The code for traffic generator that simulates background traffic.
2) I have not start on working congestion control.
3) I need to add some behaviour like dropping packet for the packet scheduler.

Scheduler is like a traffic light on the intersection and array list is a procedural list for the traffic light to signal a green light for each of the intersection in clockwise rotation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

redo? There must be lots of work to be done! Tak boleh modify?