Thursday, October 07, 2004

Technic...

My mom's car has been in and out of the workshop due to engine oil leaking. The problem starts when our favourite mechanic changed the timing belt. It cost over RM 200 and the mechanic mentioned about changing the oil seal around the timing belt (not sure where is it located). I sent the car three time until the problem finally resolved. During this period, the mechanic has changed the water pump, some seals around the engine and seal the top cover of the engine with some kind of sealant. It looks like a bathroom sealant. My mom complained about the mechanic's unsatisfactory service and blamed the mechanic not using the original spare part. The mechanic told that he was using spare part from Japan which is superior that Malaysian sparepart. I suspect he was using 'local' or low quality sparepart for replacement so he can make more money.Luckily, he don't charged for extra service. I don't understand what kind of marketing strategy he used. Perhaps one of his technician not doing the job properly. Our panel mechanic is quite degil or never listen the customer complain. He like to 'ikut' his kepala sendiri. The last time, I complained the rear disc is making funny noises and I told him to replace the brake pads. Instead, he starts his diagnose by checking the brake fluid. Finally, he changed the brake pad after i complained to him again. I drove my mom's car to class. I drive slowly and carefully around 90 to 100 km/h. The journey takes half an hour longer than usual but I feel more relaxed and no so tiring. The advantage of driving slow is that you get to enjoy the lovely green screnery. Palm oil plantation, hydrophonic green houses, rubber plantations, fruit orchards, rest areas and kandang lembu. You also the oppurtinity to see what kind of cars overtake you. In some occasion, a convoy of superbikes will just zoom past you. I would love to ride on of those superbikes.

No comments: