Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mersenne Twister

MIRAI-SF3.1 network simulator does not include random generator class. The purpose of random generator because I need to find use the uniform distribution. I was translating the source code of Håkan Byström's VBR traffic model which is C++ to JAVA. A little adjustment have to be made so it can be integrate inside MIRAI-SF3.1 network simulator. Then, I found out that I need a code to generate the uniform distribution.

After some googling on the web, I found a website which offers a Free Java & JavaScript Source code. A random number generator which is I think based on Merseene Twister developed by by Makoto Matsumoto and Takuji Nishimura (alphabetical order) in 1996/1997.

Mersenne Twister(MT) is a pseudorandom number generating algorithm developped by Makoto Matsumoto and Takuji Nishimura (alphabetical order) in 1996/1997. An improvement on initialization was given on 2002 Jan.[source]


The random number generateor code is succefully integrated in to MIRAI-SF network simulator.

No comments: